Beat Depression With The Oil of a Buoyant Heart: Peppermint
Peppermint, Mentha piperita is a favorite essential oil with a fresh and exhilarating scent. It comes from the Labiatae or mint family and has been traditionally used to soothe digestive difficulties, freshen breath and relieve headaches.
HOW TO USE PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
It can be used by inhalation, applied directly to the skin or diluted with a carrier oil or taken internally. It is used as a second layer of any essential oil that is applied topically as it holds the energy to penetrate the healing vibration of the oil deeper into the body.
The vibrational properties of Peppermint work on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual bodies at the same time. Our energetic bodies naturally rebalance when exposed to the energetic frequencies that essential oils hold.
On a physical level, Peppermint holds the vibrational properties of a pain reliever, antibacterial, anti-carcinogenic, antiseptic, antispasmodic and antiviral. It also helps reduce inflammation.
Peppermint may help asthma, bronchitis, fever, digestion, heartburn, hot flashes, motion sickness, menstrual irregularity, varicose veins, nausea, and vomiting. It is known to affect the digestive, nervous, respiratory and skeletal system or muscles and bones.
On a spiritual level, Peppermint raises the spirit to a fuller understanding of the mysteries that will eventually fully unfold to us.
It nurtures concentration, regeneration, and vibrancy and brings us back in touch with our inner selves.
On an Emotional level, Peppermint is The Oil of a Buoyant Heart, and it helps the Heart chakra experience more joy and lightheartedness.
It invigorates the body, mind, and spirit and reminds us life can be happy and there is nothing to fear. It helps us smoothly sail through life on the surface of emotional issues.
The power of peppermint can be felt most in times of discouragement or depression.
On a vibrational level, it rediscovers the joy of being alive. It supports one in regaining the strength needed to face their emotional reality and pain. When it is accepted and embraced, emotional pain serves as a teacher and peppermint can help heal those aspects of the self by bringing forward the issues that need to be healed.
Everyday uses of Peppermint are many!
- Rub on stomach or feet, or take one drop internally to calm indigestion or upset stomach.
- Use with lemon in water for a healthy, refreshing mouth rinse.
- Diffuse aromatically or apply topically to open sinuses and airways.
- Apply with lavender to sore, tired muscles and joints.
- Breathe during a meal to help you feel full.
- Add to a cold compress or footbath to cool off when overheated.
- Inhale as a non-stimulant, invigorating pick me up on long drives.
- Add to shampoo and conditioner for a stimulating hair and scalp massage.
- Use with lavender and lemon during allergy seasons.
- Spread on a child’s shirt before study time for alertness.
- Inhale when nauseated or when avoiding unpleasant scents.
- One drop of peppermint oil is equivalent to 24 cups of peppermint tea.
- Take one drop directly on the tongue for an instant breath freshener.
For a few more easy daily habits that will allow even more energy to flow into your healing journey, download the Guide to 3 Daily Habits That Will Create Wellness From Within by clicking the image below.